Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ty's Tips

All of my children love to write, so I am constantly buying notebooks for them to fill.

If I don't purchase them, they feel free to fill up mine. Ty writes stories complete with
illustrations. He is quite the author and his drawings are great too. He has several
comics going and has his own superhero, "TyGuy". I love to read his work. It is always
entertaining. So when I was picking up around the house the other day and found
some crumpled pieces of notebook paper on a table in the living room I read them instead
of tossing them out.

The first page said:

" TIP #2: Never mess with your Bully's dog or both of them will bully you! and
that is dangerous!"

(There is an illustration underneath of a suprised fellow beside a growling
dog and a tough looking fellow with a studded collar on his neck and a
skull on his t-shirt.)


The second page said:

"Tip #3: If anything funny happens in the bathroom save it for class then the whole
class will laugh."


I am not sure of what tip #1 said. I think that his target audience is 3rd graders.
I could use tip #2 in my everyday life. You would have to know Ty to understand
#3 because he is always trying to get a laugh.

I asked Ty about these and he said he was saving them for a book he was writing.
He blamed his sisters for tearing them out of a notebook. Even though I don't consider
this the best thing he has written, it is nice to know that he is already concerned about
helping others by sharing his learning experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment