Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Teardrops On My Lo Mein

I ran to Jin Jin this afternoon on my way to pick up the children. I was getting my "I am really hungry, its Monday,and after only 7 hrs of sleep in 52 hours, you are crazy if you think I am going to cook supper" order of Chinese food. I ran in purchased my food and got back in to my car with all the things I need to do today running through my head. I put the keys in the ignition, and looked up. A sign caught my eye. It said FOR RENT. You might not say that this is unusual. But it was Neese and Adams, the law firm of my friends Jake and Anita Beth. A lump rose in my throat and tears began to fall down my face.


The reality of their impending move hit me all at once. Soon, I wouldn't see Anita Beth at 1st Pres twice a week. I wouldn't hear any more crazy stories from Amelia about what she and Gracie talked about at school that day.I wouldn't get to be impressed by how intelligent AB is at the Resource Center Meetings. How will we manage without her legal expertice? I was just really getting to know her and I like her. Good friends aren't a dime a dozen and I don't want one to move away. Why do things have to change?

I am trusting their family to the Lord. I know God has a plan. I know that all things work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. I hope that Anita Beth, Jake and the girls love Jackson. They are so fun. They will probably make friends easily. They will be near family. It will be a great opportunity for Jake's work. E-mail and cell phones make distance so much easier now-a-days. But even though I know all of these things, I am still sad.

But, I also know that God loves me. He created relationships. He knows they can be hard sometimes. He is glad that I love them enough to miss them when they leave. I don't feel like I offended Him today or that He thinks I doubt His choices. I think that He understands.

Sometimes it is okay to sit in a parking lot, staring at an empty building, while tears fall on your lo mein.

No comments:

Post a Comment