Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Calling

I worked in the ER recently. It is not my usual gig.

I feel a little lost down there. But a funny thing happened
and I wanted to share.

I took care of an elderly lady for a few hours that was so sweet.
She was also so confused. At one point she wanted me to call her brother
so he could take her home. She asked me to look it up in the phonebook
because she couldn't remember the number. After I could not find the
listing, I called her caregiver to get it and found out that she didn't have
a brother (at least not one that had been on this earth in a long time).
Thankfully she was fine and ended up going home. But just before she
was wheeled out of the room on the stretcher with the EMTs she held
out her hand to me and said,

"I think you missed your calling. You should have been a nurse."


Sometimes God uses a lady with dementia to show you that you
are in the right place at the right time doing just what He wants you to do.


"But as God has distributed to each one, as the Lord has called each one,
so let him walk."
I Corinthians 7:17

No comments:

Post a Comment