Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Being Charitable With Tess

I have to face it. My children are a bit greedy. They always ask, "What did you get me?", when I walk in the door. I could get them three presents and they would ask, "Is there any more?" I guess this is normal in our day and age but it really upsets me. I try to combat this by letting them know that they are really blessed and should be more thankful for what they have instead of asking for more all of the time.


Tess's response to this is to finish every request with, "I'll give part of it to charity." If she wants a new toy and I complain about them being all over the place, she says, "I'll give my old ones to charity." One afternoon we were riding in the car and she was mentioning one of her philanthropic opportunites to me. After she explained how most of it "..will go to charity", she asks,

"Momma, who is Charity, and where does she live?"

She was very suprised to learn that her old friend Charity was not a person after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment