Thursday, June 23, 2011

Family Funnies

Amelia earned some money for helping her daddy the other day. I had that money in my purse on our way to town. She asked if she could hold the money. I suggested that I might need to hold on to the money so that she wouldn't lose it. I assured her that I would let her have it when she wanted to buy something. She didn't like that idea.

"Momma, I can put it in my pocket." She reached down to put her hand in her pocket to demonstrate. She looked up confused. She moved the fabric of her shorts around and felt with her hand but couldn't find the opening. She began to cry. "These are lying pants!"

I asked, "What? Lying pants?"

"Momma, these pants made me lie!" she exclaimed with tears rolling down her face. "These pockets aren't real! They made me tell you I had pockets and I don't."

I tried to supress my smile. Amelia gets really upset if she thinks someone is laughing at her and I didn't want to upset her any more. I reassured her that she didn't lie. I explained that she didn't realize her pockets weren't real.

The tears slowed but she crossed her arms over her chest with a huff. "I guess you can hold my money, "she resigned softly.

_________________________________________________________________


Ty and I made a late night trip to Wal-Mart the other evening to get some cream for a small patch of poison ivy on his leg. After I had submitted him to the torture of waiting as I tried on bathing suits, (We leave for the beach in 2 days and the dreaded task had to be done.) we stood in line waiting for check out. The cooler beside the counter held several types of beverages including the cold Starbuck's drinks. He pointed to the mocha version and said, "I drank those at camp last summer."

I said, "You did?" I didn't think he liked coffee flavored anything and I was concerned about the caffiene and sugar content.

He smiled a half smile and said, "Yes. I drank one every day." He continued drolly, "That is, until my cabin mates got together and voted that I wasn't allowed to anymore."

Apparently, his intake affected everyone in the cabin.

No comments:

Post a Comment