Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Dozen Years


It is now after midnight so my 12th anniversary was yesterday. We had a great day and were able to, thanks to some very special people, able to go out ALONE to Florence. We ate at Dale's, one of our favorites, went shopping at Target, and the mall. We finished up the evening at Krispy Kreme getting donuts and coffee. It was a lovely evening spent with a dear man. We even got to hold hands without someone behind us saying, "Ewww! Stop that!"

I spent the whole day thinking more than usual about how blessed I am and how thankful I am to have Eric in my life. We weren't always so happy and had to struggle for a long time. The joy is greater now, I think, because we can compare it to those difficult times. Our marriage is a testimony of how God can turn a man-made mess around into something beautiful. What we would have missed if we had given up!

A thank you to the Jefcoats for loving on our older children and to the Lewises for holding our small one. It is much easier to have a good time when you know that your dear ones are taken care of  so well and you know that they are happy.

A little dizzy with love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment