Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Travel Stories

Today we had the privilege of picking my mom up at the Memphis airport after her flight home from New York. She has been traveling a lot lately. She recently went on a trip to Italy. Sometimes it is hard for the kids to keep up with where she is going to and coming from.

Tess was in the bathroom with me this morning while we were doing our hair. She said, "Where has Nana been? Paris or France?"

I am glad school is starting. Maybe there will be a geography class.

_________________________________________________________

I took all of the girls with me to pick Mom up. Ty was with his granddad and Eric was mowing. I thought it would be good to have another "girl day" before they start school again. It would be fun.

Before we left Corinth this morning, Amelia was already asking, "Are we there yet?" I tried to explain to her that it would take a long time. I encouraged her to play with the toys she brought along. It didn't help. Almost every 15 minutes she needed to know, "How much longer?"
When we were almost at the airport, I told her we were getting really close.

She grabbed her arm rests, threw her head back and said, "AAHHHHH! I wish I had stayed with Papa. This is taking for-ev-er!"

I said, "Oh, but we are having such a good time!"

She said, "No we're not! WE ARE TRAPPED IN THIS CAR!!!!"

Well that made Tess and I laugh. That made Mimi laugh. We made it out of the car. We weren't trapped and she is okay.

_________________________________________________________

When we get close to the airport, I try to watch out for planes so I can point them out to the kids. I spotted one and said, "Look at the airplane!", and pointed it out to Tess.

She looked up, smiled and said, "OOOOOOOHHHHH".

A few seconds passed and she turned to me and said, "I really don't see it."

She was faking wonder for her mother. She is a kind kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment